Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Happy Veterans Day (Late)

We just wanted to say Happy Veterans Day to everyone. Better late then never. AJ and I come from very patriotic families. Both of my grandfathers served in the U.S Military. My Grandpa Rohbock served in WW2, and ended up being a P.O.W in Germany. My Grandpa Wilberg was in the Navy and served in Pearl Harbor when Japan bombed us. Unfortunatly sad to say both of them died this year and will be missed very much. Especially when the holidays are just around the corner. I love them both and miss them very much.
AJ's Grandpa Bell served in the Navy, in the Korean war. Sad to say he died when AJ was only 8 years old.

Last but not least, the most important soldier in my life. George F. Rohbock, my dad. He has been in the National Guard since the 70's. I don't know the exact year (sorry dad). He served in Operation Iraq Freedom, and let me tell you that was a very stressfull time in my families life. I couldn't imagine what it was like for him. But he came home safe and sound, with a lot of memories good and bad ones. So like I said, we are from a very patriotic family, and we love our Veterans, and most of all WE LOVE OUR COUNTRY! LOVE YA DAD

P.S. Happy b-day Conna

2 comments:

George Rohbock said...

How nice for you to give respect to those who serve in uniform, but don't forget the one that stay home and care for the families are the real protectors of freedom.

Each person called to serve our great country in uniform does so to preserve the freedom so many have worked so hard for. The defenders of freedom that care for their families, teaching them life must continue on, with each challenges conqueored is the future that we all love so much.

Love you
Dad

George Rohbock said...
This comment has been removed by the author.